From "Charles Matthew Chen" <charlesmc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New non-Apache Sanselan release
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2008 07:15:55 GMT
Hi Craig,

   It seems like our needs are fairly ordinary.  Like most projects, I
think we would do well to produce "source" and "binary" releases.

   The binary release would include a .jar file with the core classes
(no unit tests or test data), the javadocs and basic files such as the
license, changelist, a snapshot of the wiki docs (or at least a
reference to them), etc.  The .jar file wouldn't neccessarily have to
be signed, or packaged in a particular way.

   The source release would include all of the sources files (core and
test), the test data, the javadocs, and the basic files.  It would
include nearly everything in the repo.  I'm not sure what it wouldn't
include.

    The binary and source releases would be available as both .zip and
.tar.gz archives.

Charles.