From "Charles Matthew Chen" <charlesmc...@gmail.com>
Subject New non-Apache Sanselan release
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2008 05:12:03 GMT
Hi all,

   I've released a new non-Apache build (0.88) of Sanselan.  It's
available here:

http://fightingquaker.com/sanselan/

   It reflects the current state of the repo (though it is missing the
unit tests, test image suite, etc.).  The package hierarchy in this
release has been changed to not use org.apache.*

   The concise release notes are:

Version 0.88 released January 22nd, 2008.

    * Added EXIF insert/update/remove functionality. See
WriteExifMetadataExample.java for examples.
    * Rewrote JPEG and TIFF parsing.
    * Greatly elaborated the unit test suite and test image suite. In
the process found and resolved many bugs.
    * Once again, I hope this is the last non-apache release. =)

   This project - Exif insert/update/remove - turned out to be much
more involved than I initially thought.  I ended up rewriting a great
deal of the Tiff/Jpeg/Exif related code in the process of doing it.

   On the last point, I wonder what we can do to reach the point of
our first apache build.  I saw the following message on the
incubator's general mailing list a few weeks ago.  Would it be a good
idea to enlist Robert's help?

Charles.