From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Questions
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2007 17:05:10 GMT
Hi,

On Dec 10, 2007, at 8:17 AM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>> We can use maven to build the distribution, maven is also able to
>> directly sign the release etc.

Please refer to http://wiki.apache.org/jdo/KeysAtApache?highlight=%
28key%29%7C%28signing%29 for key information.

>> I think we need some additional
>> information in our pom for this (I have to look at the maven docs
>> for this).
>> The release should be signed, so people can download the release and
>> verify the signature.

The maven plugin helps but doesn't replace the need to understand
what keys are and how they work.

Anyone who will cut the release needs to have a release-signing key.
While in the incubator, it's not a requirement that the key be signed
by others, but afterwards the release manager really should have the
key signed.

Craig

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com