From "Charles Matthew Chen" <charlesmc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sanselan
Date Sat, 17 Nov 2007 23:43:25 GMT
Hi Marc,

   Thanks for your interest in the project.  Unfortunately, it sounds
like your needs fall outside the scope of Sanselan.

   If I understand you correctly, you need to render an HTML page as
an image and possibly to write this image to an image format.

   The first need - to render an HTML page - is not easy.  A simple
hack would be to use a JEditorPane:

http://www.exampledepot.com/egs/javax.swing.text/ep_ShowHTML.html

   You could then render this JEditorPane into an image, ie. by using
BufferedImage.getGraphics().

   JEditorPane is fairly limited, so you'll probably want to look to
an alternative:

http://today.java.net/pub/a/today/2004/05/24/html-pt1.html?page=last

   Once you've rendered the image, you can use Sanselan to write this
image to a variety of file formats.  See the Sample Usage section of
our documentation for an example.

Charles