From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: November Incubator Reports
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 17:01:22 GMT
The board meets irregularly on the third Wednesday of each month.
This month it's a bit early because of ApacheCon.

The incubator's report to the board is due Monday morning before the
board meeting. The podlings' reports are due to the incubator the
Friday before in order to give the incubator chair time to review and
comment on the podlings' reports.

Today is D-day.

Thanks,

Craig

On Nov 9, 2007, at 8:48 AM, Charles Matthew Chen wrote:

> Holy smokes,
>
>    I thought it was due at the end of the month.
>
> Charles.
>

> On Nov 9, 2007 10:26 AM, Craig L Russell <Craig.Russell@sun.com>
> wrote:
>> Hi Charles,
>>
>> Thanks for volunteering for this.
>>
>> It's due today.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Craig
>>

>> On Nov 4, 2007, at 1:43 PM, Craig L Russell wrote:
>>

>>> Hi Charles,

>>> Thanks for volunteering. You can find the report I submitted to the
>>> incubator last month at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/
>>> sanselan/board/2007-10.txt
>>>
>>> Basically, what they want is a status update on the project.
>>> Community, code, infrastructure, any issues the project needs help
>>> with.

>>> You can find release guidelines at http://incubator.apache.org/
>>> guides/releasemanagement.html
>>>
>>> Basically, the project just needs to decide what it wants to
>>> release and follow the guidelines.
>>>
>>> As I understand it, the project builds and releases a single jar.
>>> So we would have a source distribution that includes the entire
>>> trunk and packaged as a .zip and .gz; and a binary distribution
>>> that is just the jar put into the maven repository. Maven has tasks
>>> that will automate this to some extent. Just need to find the
>>> command.
>>>
>>> Craig

>>> Craig Russell
>>> Architect, Sun Java Enterprise System http://java.sun.com/