From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: November Incubator Reports
Date Sun, 04 Nov 2007 21:43:04 GMT
Hi Charles,

>    I'll be happy to volunteer, if you can point me to any
> documentation/guidelines.

Thanks for volunteering. You can find the report I submitted to the
incubator last month at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/
sanselan/board/2007-10.txt

Basically, what they want is a status update on the project.
Community, code, infrastructure, any issues the project needs help with.

>    Also, what remains to be done to get to the point where we can
> release builds?

You can find release guidelines at http://incubator.apache.org/guides/
releasemanagement.html

Basically, the project just needs to decide what it wants to release
and follow the guidelines.

As I understand it, the project builds and releases a single jar. So
we would have a source distribution that includes the entire trunk
and packaged as a .zip and .gz; and a binary distribution that is
just the jar put into the maven repository. Maven has tasks that will
automate this to some extent. Just need to find the command.

Craig