From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: DRAFT Sanselan incubator status report for October 2007
Date Sun, 07 Oct 2007 03:57:24 GMT
Hi Charles,

On Oct 6, 2007, at 8:45 PM, Charles Matthew Chen wrote:

>> Sanselan entered incubation on 2007-08-27. The project is ramping up.
>
> Sounds great Craig,
>
>>>   Have we settled on emulating the project structure of Jackrabbit?
>>
>> I think so. To double check, you could always build the sanselan
>> structure as you would model Jackrabbit, create a patch using svn and
>> everyone could take a look.
>
>    I've prepared a patch with the initial code drop & a rough stab at
> the pom.xml, etc.
>
>    What's the best way to share this patch?  As an attachment to the
> mailing list?  As a Jira issue?  It is 164kb zipped.

This won't work as an attachment to email (our spam filter removes
attachments) but you can open a JIRA issue and attach it.

I've created an issue to which you should be able to attach your
patch. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SANSELAN-1

See if you can upload a patch. If you have any trouble, we can start
from there.

Craig

>> FYI, in the next few months I'll be refactoring the whole image
>> support
>> in FOP which I will take as an opportunity to add a plug-in for
>> Sanselan.
>> That way we can make sure the library has at least one more customer.
>>
>> Another point: Currently Sanselan requires Java 1.4 according to the
>> website. I'd like that to remain so for the time being in order to
>> maximize the number of possible users.
>>
>> Jeremias Maerki
>
>    Sounds good, Jeremias.
>
> Charles.