From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Ready...Set...
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 06:33:50 GMT
Hello everyone,

finally dropping in myself. I've been on holidays until now.

On 01.10.2007 02:25:08 Charles Matthew Chen wrote:
>   I believe we've agreed on Maven.

As Carsten can guess I'm not thrilled about that but won't object. It's
just that I have very little patience in case Maven causes me to lose a
lot of time again because it's unstable and pops up a different error
message each time you run it. But that was on Cocoon which is much more
complex. We'll see what happens.

>   Have we settled on emulating the project structure of Jackrabbit?

I'm fine with that.

>   Also, does anyone see a reason to use sub-projects?

Not at the moment. Also, I don't think it makes much sense to split into
api and impl since there won't likely be more than one implementation of
the API. If that still happens it's easy to take them apart. A possible
adapter package to plug Sanselan into ImageIO might make a better
candidate for a separate module.

FYI, in the next few months I'll be refactoring the whole image support
in FOP which I will take as an opportunity to add a plug-in for Sanselan.
That way we can make sure the library has at least one more customer.

Another point: Currently Sanselan requires Java 1.4 according to the
website. I'd like that to remain so for the time being in order to
maximize the number of possible users.

Jeremias Maerki