incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Giacomo Fiorini <giacomo.fior...@studio.unibo.it>
Subject onRemove() method and Cache evictions
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2013 11:23:52 GMT

________________________________
Da: Giacomo Fiorini
Inviato: marted? 26 novembre 2013 12:16
A: s4-user@incubator.apache.org
Oggetto: onRemove() method and Cache evictions

Hi,

i'm currently trying to develop an application with s4 to calculate analytics for a service:
number of request for every content, most requested content etc etc (similar to what Twitter
example does let's say).
I was experimenting with setPECache() method and it seems to me that when a PE instance is
removed the onRemove() method is not called, is this normal?
I see that S4 is using a LoadingCache object to manage the different PE instances, but i'm
not very familiar on how it works.
I want to control the life-span of my PEs and perform some operations before deleting them,
how can i achieve this?
On a side note i noticed that whenever i call setPECache() the metrics won't report the number
of PE in cache (file myPE-cache-entries.csv always report 0 for every node).

Thanks,
Giacomo