incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: logback configuration problems
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2013 16:08:06 GMT
Hi,

I had a look and indeed could reproduce that issue. In order to customize the log config,
we need to include an arbitrary directory in the classpath of s4 nodes, so we can place logback.xml
there. The classpath for s4 nodes is given by a generated script (check s4 file and linked
s4-tools file), and apparently (maybe due to some gradle update) the generated classpath does
not include the lib directory anymore, only the jars it contains.

So that's a bug.

Workaround would be to manually modify the s4-tools script and include an arbitrary directory
in the CLASSPATH variable. You could do that from a generated binary distribution so you don't
have to worry about getting the s4-tools file rewritten.

Hope this helps,

Matthieu

On Aug 30, 2013, at 17:19 , Yago <iamxami@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all
>
> I'm having problems with log configuration in my s4 apps. Have tried a lot of things
in order to change the default behaviour of logback, but none of them worked. These were my
attempts (some of them might look a bit strange or desperate):

> - Put logback.xml in subprojects/s4-tools/build/install/s4-tools/lib/ directory as suggested
in doc, and even in lib/ directory.
> - Edited all the logback.xml files in my s4 directory, changing level and/or pattern
> - Edited all the default.s4.core.properties files, changing level
> - Added both files to my application in /src/main/resources/ directory, so they are included
in the built jar (checked). No result.
> - Tried to pass s4.logger_level=info as a parameter in node start. A received an exception
from ParametersInjectionModule: property already configured.