incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: socket for adapter
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2013 15:18:18 GMT
If you have a lot of data to send, make sure you are chunking it - i.e. separating it in multiple
pieces. Then you can feed the stream processing system with those chunks. That is typically
the role of the adapter in S4.

It seems you are doing something else before the adapter but I don't see how that is specific
to S4.

Regards,

Matthieu

On Aug 8, 2013, at 03:50 , Sky Zhao <sky.zhao@ericsson.com> wrote:

> I try to use socket as a socket server to receive the data stream, and use java socket
client program to send data stream(e.g. read big files),
> But in Ubuntu I can’t keep sending the files, always broke during the time, say: broken
pipe or connection reset etc.

> So I change the strategy with interval time sending and increase the data content one
time, it is ok, as a stream feature,

> 1)      How do I keep sending the stream
> 2)      Another issue, socket receiving data is very slower than reading files from adapter.
How to increase the speed?