incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: About Data send to Nodes
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 15:35:58 GMT
The default hasher does not formally provide any guarantee, but it should work ok in most cases.

If not (usually due to a very specific workload), you can define and use your own implementation.

Regards,

Matthieu

On Jul 22, 2013, at 07:01 , Sky Zhao <sky.zhao@ericsson.com> wrote:

> Yes´╝îI rewrote the onInit method in AdaterApp and set keyFinder into it, then partition
 works, the default Hash method always keep even distribution right?
> Thanks Matthieu.

sure you have the same key values and that the keyfinder is indeed extracting the key value.

> I think the zk has average assignment follow the sequence orders, how to change this,
thanks first.

> The issue is not related to zookeeper. The problem might be your keyfinder.
>
> Regards,
>

> Matthieu

that guarantees those 2 keys are hashed to 2 different nodes.