incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: About Adapter Deployment
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 08:10:34 GMT
Again, the "s4 adapter" command is for testing purposes only. Resolving the classpath from
the current project is a hack that is only for avoiding deployment and easing testing, that's
why it's not suitable for normal deployment.

You should follow the usual way to deploy the adapter as an app: "use the packaged adapter
app (as .s4r) and deploy it, as in the twitter example."

Matthieu

On Jun 5, 2013, at 11:04 , Sky Zhao wrote:

> I tried and got not simple answer:
>
> 1.      wrap all project classes into one jar
> 2.      rename new classpath.txt(since source folder already has), and add the jar path
into class list
> 3.
>
> Check the my project s4 file, the content is
>
>                /home/notroot/apache-s4-0.6.0-incubating-src/gradlew cp
>                java -cp `cat classpath.txt` org.apache.s4.core.S4Node $@
>
> So only run one command in s4 source folder (replace #@ with –c=cluster2)
> java -cp `cat classpath_rename.txt` org.apache.s4.core.S4Node –c=cluster2
>
> then works, don’t know whether exists better way.
>
> /Sky

way, I have to copy the many classes to new machine,

> But if I use simple .s4r file, can it deploy directly ? And how to do this?  Or other
more simpler way  clean deployment for adapter.