incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Jason Weiss <Jason_We...@rapid7.com>
Subject Re: Mavenized S4?
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2013 13:47:50 GMT
Matthieu,

Thank you for the response. I was indeed more curious if there was a maven plugin that existed
similar to the way one can define an OSGi bundle. Since the target is an S4 package, I can't
just set the target from "jar" or "war" in the pom to "s4r" or something similar.

We'll discuss as a team if we want to try and package it manually, or try to automate around
the existing infrastructure.

Jason

From: Matthieu Morel <mmorel@apache.org<mailto:mmorel@apache.org>>
Date: Friday, June 21, 2013 6:24 AM
To: "s4-user@incubator.apache.org<mailto:s4-user@incubator.apache.org>" <s4-user@incubator.apache.org<mailto:s4-user@incubator.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Mavenized S4?

Hi Jason,

we currently use gradle as a build system, which is supposed to be maven friendly. That said,

1/ uploading the release artifacts to a public maven repo is a pending task (not as easy as
with maven for signed artifacts) - will do asap.

2/ the packaging tools we provide are an abstraction over the build system. Currently, they
internally call gradle APIs. Conceptually that's quite independent from the S4 runtime though,
and you can generate S4 packages in any way that's more suitable to you (they are just jar
files with dependencies in /app and /libs directories + a specific manifest entry). Are you
looking for a maven plugin or something like that?

Regards,

Matthieu

On Jun 20, 2013, at 14:18 , Jason Weiss <Jason_Weiss@rapid7.com<mailto:Jason_Weiss@rapid7.com>>