incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: about starting the S4Node in for loop
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2013 12:36:40 GMT
That's more of a scripting issue, but you could mimic what we do in bench-cluster.sh, i.e.
redirecting all I/O streams in the command executed through ssh. Something like :

ssh $host "$BENCH_ROOTDIR/startNode.sh $BENCH_ROOTDIR $NODE_CONFIG $host > $BENCH_DIR/output_$host-$i.log
2>$BENCH_DIR/s4err_$host-$i.err < /dev/null &"

Hope this helps,

Matthieu

On Jun 13, 2013, at 13:17 , baojian Zhou <baojian.zhou.buaa@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mr Matthieu
> thank you for your advices. but i still have a problem, if i start the nodes in different
nodes. it always stops in the first invoke command like this shell scripts:

> #!/bin/bash
> HOSTS="node2 node4 node5 node6"
> for host in $HOSTS
> do
>         ssh $host "killall -9 java ; ./s4 node -c=cluster1 -zk=10.4.13.251:2181 &"
> done
>
> i must use the Ctrl+C,then it can run the second step.
> how can i resolve this problem.
> thanks a lot
>

> 2013/6/13 Matthieu Morel <mmorel@apache.org>
> Hi,
>
> S4 nodes are designed to run in their own JVM. The system scales by adding more nodes,
typically on different hosts. You seem to be trying to run multiple S4 nodes in the same VM.
That most probably won't work, because this is not what the platform is designed for.

> Regards,
>
> Matthieu
>

> On Jun 13, 2013, at 05:47 , baojian Zhou <baojian.zhou.buaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > when i started to  run the S4Node.class,  i have changed the main method to a s4Node
method and then invoke them 5 times. like this :