incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: about an event's runtime
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2013 09:45:04 GMT
Hi,

I can't reproduce that. Only reason I see would be that you are reusing a single event instance.
You need to create a new Event instance each time. Can you double check? Otherwise, you might
have a simple test to reproduce what you are observing?

Thanks,

Matthieu

On Jun 25, 2013, at 08:40 , baojian Zhou <baojian.zhou.buaa@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi all,
> i tested the events processing time during the runtime in the application. and the events'
starttime(such as :event.getTime()) always the same. why? i can sure the events  injectorred
from the source is different every time.
> here is the onEvent()method in SimplePE.class
>
> long value = event.get("value", long.class);
> 		final long eventTime = event.getTime();
> 		logger.trace(String.valueOf(value));
> 		Metrics.newGauge(SimplePE1.class, "event-runTime-" + super.getName(),// class name
Gauge