incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mavenized S4?
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2013 10:24:53 GMT
Hi Jason,

we currently use gradle as a build system, which is supposed to be maven friendly. That said,

1/ uploading the release artifacts to a public maven repo is a pending task (not as easy as
with maven for signed artifacts) - will do asap.

2/ the packaging tools we provide are an abstraction over the build system. Currently, they
internally call gradle APIs. Conceptually that's quite independent from the S4 runtime though,
and you can generate S4 packages in any way that's more suitable to you (they are just jar
files with dependencies in /app and /libs directories + a specific manifest entry). Are you
looking for a maven plugin or something like that?

Regards,

Matthieu

On Jun 20, 2013, at 14:18 , Jason Weiss <Jason_Weiss@rapid7.com> wrote:

> We are evaluating S4 for some of our use cases. We are predominately a mavenized build
environment. A couple of questions, please:

> Is S4 presently dropping into a maven repo that we can point to, e.g. the 0.6.0-INCUBATING
release.
> In lieu of all the ./s4 commands to package an app, is there a maven equivalent?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Jason
>
> This electronic message contains information which may be confidential or privileged.
The information is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are
not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of
the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission
in error, please notify us by e-mail at (postmaster@rapid7.com) immediately.