incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: About using Metrics
Date Tue, 28 May 2013 10:49:09 GMT
Not sure I understand the question. We use an external library for adding metrics to various
parts of the platform. But you have to define explicitly what you measure, by inserting the
corresponding metrics hooks.

In S4 we tried to factor metrics management in an S4Metrics class, but that is mostly for
clarity.

See the library documentation here http://metrics.codahale.com/ for more info on how to use
the same library, though there are others.

Hope this helps,

Matthieu