incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Lokesh Shrivastava <lokesh.shrivast...@gmail.com>
Subject Difference between Stream and RemoteStream classes
Date Mon, 27 May 2013 14:04:38 GMT
Hi,

I came across two different methods in App.java class called "createStream"
which creates Stream object and "createOutputStream" which creates
RemoteStream. I have gone through their api docs and based on that I think
following deployment scenarios fit for each of those classes -

1. When there are multiple S4 nodes running on same machine or different
machines but all of them belong to same S4 cluster - Stream can be used.

2. When there are multiple S4 clusters and we need to send events across
these clusters - RemoteStream.

Can RemoteStream be used instead of Steam in use case#1 above? I believe
Stream can not be used to send event across clusters?

Thanks.
Lokesh