incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: run s4 application in 4 machines' cluster
Date Wed, 29 May 2013 14:32:48 GMT

On May 29, 2013, at 03:50 , baojian Zhou wrote:

> hi all, i want to run the benchmark in 4 physical machines in a cluster. These 4 physical
machines had installed zookeeper. But i have a problem that confuse me a lot. As we all know,
before we run the s4 application we have to start the zk Server first. this is my confuse:
> Do i need to start all zk Server in these 4 machines,or just to start a zk Server in
one of them ? just like this:
> ./s4 zkServer -clean -clusters=c=testCluster1:flp=12000:nbTasks=$NB_INJECTORS,c=testCluster2:flp=13000:nbTasks=$NB_NODES
&)

ZooKeeper is used to configure/coordinate S4 nodes, in particular it is used for the assignment
of partitions. Therefore you have to share a ZooKeeper ensemble (or a single instance for
testing) across nodes, by referring to the ZooKeeper server(s) when starting S4 nodes.

Matthieu