incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: zeroMQ
Date Mon, 06 May 2013 10:05:38 GMT
It is already possible to prevent losing events in normal operation in S4 by using blocking
senders and receivers. See the 0.6 documentation.

Even though zeromq has some interesting features such as automatic reconnection, providing
"no loss" guarantee in the case of node failures would require application level acknowledgement.
In other words, transport layer implementation does not really matter, in my opinion. We have
envisaged some designs but there is no plan for implementing application-level ack at the
moment.

Hope this helps,

Matthieu