incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Flavio Junqueira <fpjunque...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: zeroMQ
Date Mon, 06 May 2013 11:09:16 GMT
I also didn't quite understand how ZeroMQ can help here.

-Flavio

On May 6, 2013, at 12:05 PM, Matthieu Morel <mmorel@apache.org> wrote:

> It is already possible to prevent losing events in normal operation in S4 by using blocking
senders and receivers. See the 0.6 documentation.

> Even though zeromq has some interesting features such as automatic reconnection, providing
"no loss" guarantee in the case of node failures would require application level acknowledgement.
In other words, transport layer implementation does not really matter, in my opinion. We have
envisaged some designs but there is no plan for implementing application-level ack at the
moment.