incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Sky Zhao <sky.z...@ericsson.com>
Subject RE: about io.s4.* java package
Date Tue, 14 May 2013 08:47:01 GMT
Thanks got!

________________________________
From: Matthieu Morel [mailto:mmorel@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2013 5:32 PM
To: s4-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: about io.s4.* java package

On May 13, 2013, at 07:37 , Sky Zhao wrote:

Thanks, can you give me a concret example how to inject the application or adatpter, which
has better performance for both.

The twitter example includes an adapter application to convert twitter's stream into S4 events
and inject them into an S4 topic trending application.

Relative performance of adapter + processing app vs injection within the app is application
specific so you'd have to test with your workload.

2 things to note if you separate the conversion of stream data to S4 events in a separate
adapter application:
1/ it can be reused for injecting in different S4 applications.
2/ it can scale and might be appropriate when the conversion operation is costly

Regards,

Matthieu

/Sky