incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Sky Zhao <sky.z...@ericsson.com>
Subject RE: zeroMQ
Date Tue, 07 May 2013 01:35:24 GMT
Thanks Matthieu,

how implemet the blocking senders and receivers? can you give me examples or links?

________________________________
From: Matthieu Morel [mailto:mmorel@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2013 6:06 PM
To: s4-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: zeroMQ

It is already possible to prevent losing events in normal operation in S4 by using blocking
senders and receivers. See the 0.6 documentation.

Even though zeromq has some interesting features such as automatic reconnection, providing
"no loss" guarantee in the case of node failures would require application level acknowledgement.
In other words, transport layer implementation does not really matter, in my opinion. We have
envisaged some designs but there is no plan for implementing application-level ack at the
moment.

Hope this helps,

Matthieu