incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: test perfomance
Date Thu, 16 May 2013 14:49:40 GMT

On May 16, 2013, at 14:47 , 唐装鼠 wrote:

> Hi,I want to test S4's perfomance.Could you tell me how to test the whole S4's perfomance?

You may have a look at the s4-benchmarks subproject, included in the distribution for S4 0.6.0.
But the best way is with your application, your workload, and your infrastructure.

> How to detect if there are events lost without being processed?

You need to activate the metrics reporting ( http://incubator.apache.org/s4/doc/0.6.0/metrics/
)
Default metrics are reported through the S4Metrics class. The names of the metrics should
be self explanatory but you may want to check the code to see where exactly they come from.

You should also check where to observe drops, depending on your configuration. You may : drop
zero event (by blocking), drop events in the sender, or drop events when receiving, or both.
By default, the sender drops events when injection is above a given rate or when the downstream
PEs are slower

> Is there any method used to get how much events are lost ?

Automatically reported in the metrics (total count, and 1min, 5min and 15min rates)

> And how to detect CPU occupancy and memory occupancy of the whole s4 at one machine.

We don't provide anything specific here, that depends on your system. But there are quite
a few system monitoring tools/libs. On linux for instance you may want to use sar.

Hope this helps,

Matthieu