incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: zeroMQ
Date Tue, 07 May 2013 08:45:45 GMT

On May 7, 2013, at 03:35 , Sky Zhao wrote:

> Thanks Matthieu,
>
> how implemet the blocking senders and receivers? can you give me examples or links?

Have a look here: http://incubator.apache.org/s4/doc/0.6.0/event_dispatch/

Regards,

Matthieu

senders and receivers. See the 0.6 documentation.

> Even though zeromq has some interesting features such as automatic reconnection, providing
"no loss" guarantee in the case of node failures would require application level acknowledgement.
In other words, transport layer implementation does not really matter, in my opinion. We have
envisaged some designs but there is no plan for implementing application-level ack at the
moment.