incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: S4 compile bin files
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2013 15:53:21 GMT

On Apr 25, 2013, at 13:48 , Dingyu Yang wrote:

> Hi, all,
> I have compiled the S4 code and I want to get the bin files and copy to servers.
> Therefore, How can I do this copy or just copy the S4 program code to server?

You can build a binary distribution with "gradlew binDist"  (archive created in build directory).
You can then install that distribution across your nodes and use the bundled s4 script.

Note that for creating and building s4 apps - usually on developer machine - you still need
to install s4 in the local maven repo (gradlew install) from the source release, because the
template build files rely on artifacts from the local maven repository.

Hope this helps,

Matthieu