incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: S4-0.6.0 and Hadoop Yarn
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2013 09:31:49 GMT
On Apr 2, 2013, at 19:46 , Jeryl Cook wrote:

> "handle 200K+ messages per sec"  ,in one instance? or do you mean clustered?

This is for processing small events injected into 1 stream on 1 node. By using more streams
and more nodes the overall throughput can get quite higher.

Note that this is a baseline with a basic PE graph (1 injector and 1 PE prototype) and performance
in practice will be impacted by the complexity of the application and the nature of the processing,
the hardware and allocated resources, the size and complexity of messages etc..

A benchmarking framework is included in the distribution, so you can reproduce the experiments.

Regards,

Matthieu

> On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 10:42 PM, JiHyoun Park <april3@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am testing the newest release of S4.
> It's fantastic that the stream throughput of S4 0.6.0 has been improved to handle 200K+
messages per sec.!
> However, it seems that S4-25 branch - deploying S4 applications with Yarn - is not included
in the 0.6.0 package yet.
> I already built a system to run S4 applications on Yarn and want to migrate its S4 framework
from 0.5.0 to 0.6.0.
> How can I use the 'deploying S4 applications with Yarn' feature on S4 0.6.0?
>
> Best Regards
> Jihyoun
>

> --
> Jeryl Cook
> Founder & Chief Executive Officer
> VanitySoft, Inc.
> A Geo Business Intelligence Technology Consulting Firm
> www.vanity-soft.com
> www.linkedin.com/in/jerylcook
> Get answers to "who knew what, when, and where"... and everything in between.

> This message contains information which may be confidential and privileged. Unless you
are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you may not use, copy or disclose
to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received the
message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail jeryl.cook@vanity-soft.com, and
delete the message.