incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Gómez Ferro <danie...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: 回复: 回复: event dispatch
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2013 16:02:25 GMT
Hi,

The broadcast operation sends an event to all existing PE instances on
all nodes. In your case, you probably had 1 instance in two nodes, 2
instances in another node and no instances in the last node. This
operation might be useful for notifying all instances of some event,
such as the need to persist data, invalidating the cache, etc.

If you wanted to process some event once on each node, you could
broadcast it to a PE marked as singleton. Singleton PEs have one (and
only one) instance on each node, so broadcasting to them ensures the
event is processed once on each node.

I hope this clarifies things.

Cheers,

Daniel