incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: overwrite app
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2013 07:52:20 GMT

On Apr 16, 2013, at 09:45 , 唐装鼠 wrote:

> Hi,while S4 zkserver is running and the cluster and nodes is already deployde,now I overwrite
the app again.I use the command "./s4 s4r " package the app,and redeploy the app onto the
cluster.However,it doesn't work!The log is below:

> [root@202 myApp]# ./s4 deploy -s4r=`pwd`/build/libs/myApp.s4r -c=cluster1 -appName=myApp
-zk=202.194.14.172
> calling referenced s4 script : /root/apache-s4-0.6.0-incubating-bin/s4
> 23:31:49.891 [main] INFO  org.apache.s4.tools.Deploy - Using specified S4R [file:/tmp/s4share/myApp/build/libs/myApp.s4r]
> 23:31:50.207 [main] WARN  org.apache.s4.deploy.DeploymentUtils - Node /s4/clusters/cluster1/app/s4App
already exists, will not overwrite

> It warns that s4App already exists and overwriting the app is not allowed.How can I redeploy
the overwrited app onto the cluster without reboot the zkServer?

Currently, you cannot do that. And you can only deploy an app on a clean node (with no previously
installed app, meaning you have to restart the nodes if there was a previously deployed app).

To get rid of the previous app configuration in ZooKeeper you need to either restart a clean
ZooKeeper (that might be ok when testing) or delete the corresponding node ( /s4/clusters/<your
cluster>/app/s4App ). You may use ZooKeeper cli or the ZooKeeper API for that.

Hope this helps,

Matthieu