incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From German Blanco <german.bla...@ericsson.com>
Subject Performance of the stream between adaptor and PE
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2012 11:52:00 GMT
Hello,

I am doing some very basic performance tests and I found something strange.
My configuration has two clusters, one with an application and one with the adapter.
The application has two different PE.
It seems that if I launch a loop just creating events and sending them between the two PE,
the throughput is of a few hundred of thousands of events per second. However the same test
between the adaptor and one of the PE has a throughput of just above ten thousand events per
second.
I guess the reason could be the inter-cluster communication, but isn't the performance drop
too much?

Anybody has had similar results? Any ideas of what could be wrong?

Regards,

German Blanco