incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dispatching objects other than int,double,string etc in S4 0.3.0
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 07:47:03 GMT
On 8/31/12 8:53 AM, Raghavendar TS wrote:
> Hi
> In S4 0.3.0 I am able to dispatch int, double, string etc.But I am not
> able to dispatch objects of Instance,InstancesHeader etc.What may be the
> problem.  How to solve it.Do we get the same problem even if we do it in
> S4 piper?

In S4 Piper, the twitter trending example does exactly that: it sends
events with custom types. You should have a look at it an probably adapt
the example.

Also don't forget to add a zero-arg constructor.

Last, if you checkout branch S4-96 (or apply the patch), you'll get
extra log information for S4 Piper.

Regards,

Matthieu