incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: output to webservice
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2012 08:43:41 GMT
On 8/7/12 6:11 AM, anup ahire wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I trying to provide output of a processing element as a web-service for
> my class project.
> I am not sure how to proceed. Any help ?

You can call a web service from a PE. We do not provide such a facility
in the platform, but you can implement this easily, from the PE, or by
delegating to a dedicated PE.

If you have plenty of PE instances (say, millions), you'll probably want
to do some (partial) aggregations so that no every PE instance is
creating a web service connection.
You may also want to buffer requests and batch them in a single web
service request. You may need to add the corresponding logic in the
server side.

Regards,

Matthieu