incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Andrea Reale <andrea.re...@unibo.it>
Subject Modeling a pipeline
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 19:02:43 GMT
Hello everyone,

I am trying to run some tests on piper, running in in a cluster of four
node in a particular image processing scenario. I am writing this
message to possibly gather opinions about the way I am currently my
problem, and whether there is some better way to do it.

My scenario is the following:
I have a series of OpenCV transformations that can be modeled as a
pipeline of 30 stages (at each stage one transformation is applied).
My modeling approach is to model each stage as a ProcessingElement, so
that the graph is basically something like:

.-------.     .-----.                .--- --.       .-----.
| Adpt. |-c0->| St1 |-c1-> ... -c29->| St30 | -c30->| Snk |
'-------'     '-----'                '------'       '-----'

Where:
-Adpt. is an adapter that reads image samples and creates corresponding
S4 events
- St1-30 are the OpenCVPEs
- Snk is a PE that stores the results
- c0-c30 are 30 different streams

Since in this case I do not need events to be processed by keys, I
assign to every stream an instance of a KeyFinder which returns a
constant; in other words KeyFinder#get() returns the same value
independently on the particular event (practically, it returns the name
of the stream).

While I already made some experiments with this approach (and it appears
to work), I would like to know whether you believe there is a better
approach for modeling my problem in terms of S4 PEs / streams.

Thanks a lot!
Andrea

LA RICERCA C’È E SI VEDE:
5 per mille all'Università di Bologna - C.F.: 80007010376
http://www.unibo.it/5permille

Questa informativa è inserita in automatico dal sistema al fine esclusivo della realizzazione
dei fini istituzionali dell’ente.