incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dispatching issue with more PNs
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2012 16:57:50 GMT
On 6/15/12 10:34 AM, Davide Simoncelli wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There is still a issue when dispatching keyed events. I'm using the following configuration
with 3 computers:

> - computer 1: run the adapter node
> - computer2: run one PN
> - computer3: run two PNs
>
> Raw events are sent with a key which values goes from 0 to 2 (so that events are dispatched
on first, second or third PN).
> What I experimented is that only the PN on computer2 and first PN on the computer3 received
raw events.

> PN con computer2:
>
> s4 INFO (PEContainer.java:362) Count by RawEvents id: 9074
> s4 INFO (PEContainer.java:362) Count by Event2 id: 7446
> s4 INFO (PEContainer.java:362) Count by Event3 id: 7446
>
> First PN on computer3:
>
> s4 INFO (PEContainer.java:362) Count by RawEvents id: 3451
> s4 INFO (PEContainer.java:362) Count by Event2 id: 2901
> s4 INFO (PEContainer.java:362) Count by Event3 id: 2901
>
> Second PN on computer3:
>
> s4 INFO (PEContainer.java:362) Count by Event2 id: 1236
> s4 INFO (PEContainer.java:362) Count by Event3 id: 1236
>
> As you can see the PEContainer on second PN (computer3) doesn't receive any RawEvents
events.
> I'm sure events are dispatched to the second PN on computer3 because I can capture packets
with tcpdump on its port. But for some reasons they aren't processed.

> Can you help me telling me where to look to figure out the problem please?

It looks like the adapter is not aware of all the nodes in your
application. Or that you may bit hitting this bug:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/S4-30 ?

In which case I would recommend using the latest version in the dev
branch on the apache git repository. Or the piper version (piper branch).

Matthieu