incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Rajeshwar Mitra <Rajeshwar.Mi...@symphonysv.com>
Subject RE: C++ PE
Date Wed, 16 May 2012 06:43:12 GMT
Hi,

There could be multiple way to invoke the C++ library from the processing elements( classes
extending from the abstractPE).
1. Traditional way- Using Java Native interface.
2. You can expose the C++ implementation as a Service over REST and then call that from Java
class.
3. The same thing you can do with SOAP service.

Number 2 and 3 require C++ code to be hosted as web application adding another complexity
in the architecture and of course, the there will be also performance impact.

Thanking you,
Rajeshwar Mitra

-----Original Message-----
From: Fedor Romanenko [mailto:fedor57@yandex.ru]
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 12:33 AM
To: s4-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: C++ PE

Hi, I am just starting to look at the S4.

I wonder how to create a wrapper to be able to implement Processing Elements in C++ using
existing C++ libraries of code? Sure most short handlers should be written in Java, but some
complex ones need to use C++.

This is needed for transition of some C++ MapReduce programs to real-time.

--
Thanx, Fedor Romanenko

NOTICE TO RECIPIENT: THIS E-MAIL (INCLUDING ANY ATTACHMENTS) IS MEANT FOR ONLY THE INTENDED
RECIPIENT OF THE TRANSMISSION, MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION, AND IS PROTECTED BY LAW.
IF YOU RECEIVED THIS E-MAIL IN ERROR, PLEASE IMMEDIATELY NOTIFY THE SENDER OF THE ERROR BY
RETURN E-MAIL, DELETE THIS COMMUNICATION AND SHRED ANY ATTACHMENTS. UNAUTHORIZED REVIEW, USE,
DISSEMINATION, DISTRIBUTION, COPYING OR TAKING OF ANY ACTION BASED ON THIS COMMUNICATION IS
STRICTLY PROHIBITED.