incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Mariano Vall├ęs <zucari...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Twittertopiccount
Date Sat, 21 Apr 2012 22:09:03 GMT
On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 11:55 PM, Sangeetha Hebbar <sxhebbar@ualr.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
> Can you please tell me what a sample event looks like in the twittertopiccount example.

Hi Sangeetha,
If you open a browser and go to:
https://stream.twitter.com/1/statuses/sample.json
which is the URL present in the TwitterFeedListener.java file, you can
log in using your twitter username and passwd and see what the
statuses look like.

The "geo" field is null most of the time as only around 10% of the
total set of tweets are geo located though.

I hope that helps.
Regards,

Mariano

> Thanks,
>

> On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 2:39 AM, Matthieu Morel <mmorel@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 4/19/12 8:15 PM, Sangeetha Hebbar wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi
>>> I am working on a project to extract the user id, location of the user
>>> and the tweets of the top ten hashtags. What files do I need to change
>>> to get this information?
>>

>> Hi, you probably want to have a look at the adapter code:
>> https://github.com/s4/twittertopiccount/blob/master/src/main/java/org/apache/s4/example/twittertopiccount/TwitterFeedListener.java
>>
>> and the Status class: https://github.com/s4/twittertopiccount/blob/master/src/main/java/org/apache/s4/example/twittertopiccount/Status.java
>>
>> However, note that these are custom classes to handle the raw json twitter stream,
and you might be better off by using a library such as twitter4j