incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sending Events outside s4
Date Sat, 07 Apr 2012 12:05:58 GMT
On 4/6/12 9:40 AM, Banawalikar, Omkar IN BLR SISL wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I ran my JAVA code through debugger. What I found was; the second
> process (second Client Adapter) if connected through port 2335, is
> waiting indefinitely in driver.init() method. And if connected through
> port 2334 is waiting indefinitely in driver.recv() method. For both the
> cases the second process is not receiving any events on the streams…
>
> can you tell me how to configure two Client adapters so that, they can
> both send and receive events on the multiple streams?? Can they be
> connected to same port, or same stub (stub is configured in
> client-stub-conf.xml)

Hi, it seems my last answer didn't reach the mailing list, so here is a
second try:

I don't have much experience with this kind of configuration, but I
would suggest to use different ports indeed.

Your issue is probably due to one of these :
- no events received because the communication channel is not active.
That's probably what happens when you connect 2 drivers on the same
port, as described above.
- no events sent because of partitioning configuration. Check the keys,
the definition of the streams, and the partitioning for
"dispatcherToClientAdapters"

If you use a debugger, you could also check whether events are actually
correctly sent to the adapters, that would help you identify the issue.

Regards,

Matthieu