incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Custom application is not getting loaded.
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 10:32:26 GMT
On 4/3/12 12:15 PM, Rajeshwar Mitra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I copied the code from Sppech01 example and tried to build my own custom
> application.
>
> However, when I start the S4 then it gives that my custom application is
> invalid.

What exactly is the error message? Without more information, it's hard
to tell. But it might be related to an invalid Spring configuration.
Either in the app config or in the platform config.
You should set logging to a lower level to see more messages.

> 1)Is there any facility to use sliding window or tumbling windows like
> other CEP tools?

have a look at the AbstractWindowingPE class

> 2)Is it possible to store the events in HDFS?

why not? you could indeed intercept incoming events and persist them,
though you might have to consider the induced latency, depending on how
you plan to implement that (asynchronous or not), and depending on why
you want to do that. If it's for replaying events, you might want to
implement that logic in the adapter, not necessarily for each PE/node.

> 3)Do you have any documentation on what are the mandatory contracts one
> application must follow in order to get the application recognized by S4
> cluster?

All the available documentation is on the web site. I think the issue
you are facing is mostly a configuration problem.

> 4)There are exception from log4j settings even for the sample
> application like Speech01. There are log4j.xml in multiple places
> ‘s4-comm’,’s4-core’ etc. I tried to see all the log4j setup. Seems to be
> right. Is there anywhere else I’m missing the logger. Specially the
> message comes that io.s4.CommLayer logger has not been set when I run
> the sample application.

What messages are you referring to? Do you have examples? Note that
there might be some misconfiguration messages coming from Zookeeper, and
these are not an issue.

> Please help.

Hope that does!

Regards,