incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Debugging a PE
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 17:22:08 GMT
On 2/9/12 6:12 PM, Santiago Vázquez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to s4 and I would like to debug a PE remotely. How can i achieve
> this?

If by debugging you mean following and tracing the execution, you can
add logs through the logging framework (0.3 uses log4j).

If you want to stop the execution and be able to inspect the stack in an
IDE, the easiest way is that you run an S4 node directly from your IDE.
For that you have to reproduce the jvm and program parameters from the
s4 startup scripts, and possibly to configure the execution directory
accordingly.

Of course you'll need classpath configured to access both S4 platform
code and your application code, but that's easy in an IDE.

Another way is to start a VM in remote debugging mode, by adding options
in the node startup script (look for "remote jvm debugging" in a search
engine for the right parameters).

Hope this helps,

Matthieu