incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Kurtt Lin <kurtt....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why CPU usage stays under 90%
Date Sun, 15 Jan 2012 02:58:49 GMT
Hi, Matthieu

My PEs are not I/O bound, but they do send out lots of events. My design
requires one PN to deal with tens of thousands events per second.
These screen-shots are taken when not-too-many events are sent to the PEs.
The PEC.workQueue soon reaches its max size, while CPU usage remains low.
Thread 3 to Thread 8 denote the dequeuers; the linux kernel udp buffer is
set to 80M.

I just can't figure out where the problem is; is the RAM not fast enough?
Thanks.

1) CPU Usage
[image: NewCPU.png]
2) Threads