incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <>
Subject Re: debug a PE
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 09:40:17 GMT
On 1/24/12 10:07 AM, Roger wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am debugging a PE, in its processEvent method.
> But I can find no way to print out the objects during runtime.
> I tried to use log, but AbstractPE seems having no log object.
> And I tried to redirect standard output, 1>>
> But S4 process did not end, although its thread is ended. So the output
> would not be dumped.
> Is there any easy way to debug a PE? (I donot want to ouputstream into
> my disk, this would have side-effects on performance)

If you want to log state or events, you can define your own logger as
well as a custom appender.  S4 0.3. uses log4j, which has extensive
documentation and examples on how to do that. You may use any other
system as well.

Also, note that debugging necessarily has an impact on the execution of
a system... but you may not need to log everything every time.

Hope this helps,

View raw message