incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Twittertopic count example
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2012 09:28:06 GMT
On 1/19/12 10:04 AM, Banawalikar, Omkar IN BLR SISL wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having a problem in the Twitter topic count example. I set up the
> example as shown in http://docs.s4.io/tutorials/getting_started.html .
>
> Actually I am behind a proxy server, so I added two lines:
>
> System.setProperty("https.proxyHost","<proxy ip>");
>
> System.setProperty("https.proxyPort","<proxy port>");
>
> in the TwitterfeedListener .java file, compiled and made a jar file and
> placed it in /$S4_IMAGE/s4-apps/twittertopiccount/ folder with the same
> name as before.(I did this because the earlier setup was not working and
> I thought it was because of proxy server). But still the example is not
> working. The problem is (I think) it is not getting the twitter feed
> from http://www.aksmaks.com/just-one-wish-1015.html.
>
> Is there any more to be configured for proxy setting??
>
> Any suggestions??

I would suggest that you try to test the proxy configuration through a
simple java program first, in order to make sure you have connectivity.
If you are not able to access URLs with a simple program through your
proxy, you won't be able to run the S4 twitter example either.

In addition, I'm not sure where you try to get the stream from. The
twitter example in S4 is to get the stream from the twitter "sprinkler",
through an http(s) connection. See
https://dev.twitter.com/docs/streaming-api/methods and more specifically
"statuses/sample"

Last, you may want to have a look at the twitter authentication scheme
issue here, maybe that could affect your program :
http://groups.google.com/group/s4-project/browse_frm/thread/73fe1f3f003d150d

Hope this helps,

Matthieu