incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Kurtt Lin <kurtt....@gmail.com>
Subject Why CPU usage stays under 90%
Date Sun, 25 Dec 2011 15:23:37 GMT
Hello, guys.

My S4 node is equipped with quad-core X3430 processors. What I noticed is
that, no matter how fast I send events to the node, the node's CPU usage
would not exceed 360%, even if the PEContainer.workQueue.size() kept
growing very fast. My question is, shouldn't the processors spare more time
to help PEContainer to consume the events? Why are they idle? When I slowed
down sending the events, I even monitored the CPU usage drop to around
240%, and the PEContainer.workQueue.size() still keep growing, though in a
very low speed.