incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Top_n_hashtags were not appearing. Correct way to stop cluster/adapter?
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 08:24:57 GMT
On 12/12/11 11:17 AM, Lefteris Soulas wrote:
> Hello,
> I wanted to ask a question on the new version of S4 you mentioned.
> When will it be released approximately? And also what are the new features
> we should wait for?

S4 0.5 (code named "piper") is a complete rewrite, grounding on previous
work, aimed at facilitating development, and featuring for instance:
- eased configuration (type-safe, no XML)
- facilities to package applications
- reliable communication channels
- dynamic deployment of applications
- improved fault tolerance

This list is not exhaustive though and there is no fixed release date.

If you are already using S4 0.3, note that even though the platform will
change substantially and won't be backward compatible, the concepts and
driving ideas remain the same, therefore porting existing applications
to that new version will be quite straightforward.

Matthieu