incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cannot run speech01 example
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2011 12:40:12 GMT
On 1/10/12 12:14 PM, lefterissoulas@gmail.com wrote:
> Dear Matthieu,
> I am using Ubuntu 11.10 and yes its the latest version of S4.
> About the shell I don't know; its the shell of Ubuntu..
> Is there a way I can use another shell??

In Ubuntu 11.10, /bin/sh points to /bin/dash. That's what is causing the
problem.

You should either modify the symlink for /bin/sh to point to /bin/bash,
or replace "sh" by "bash" in this command line:

head -10 $S4_IMAGE/s4-example-testinput/speeches.txt | \
sh $S4_IMAGE/s4-tools-loadgenerator/scripts/generate-load.sh -r 2 -

Matthieu

> On 7 Δεκ 2011, at 12:40 μ.μ., Matthieu Morel<mmorel@apache.org>  wrote:
>
>> On 12/6/11 8:16 PM, Lefteris Soulas wrote:
>>> Hello all,
>>> my name is Lefteris and I am a new user of S4.
>>> I try to run the examples speech01 and speech02 but with no luck.
>>> When I arrive at the point where I must pass the speeches.txt file
>>> as argument to generate-load.sh I get the following error
>>>
>>> $ head -10 $S4_IMAGE/s4-example-testinput/speeches.txt | \
>>> [: 27: ==: unexpected operator
>>> [: 57: x: unexpected operator
>>> [: 61: x2: unexpected operator
>>> [: 65: x: unexpected operator
>>> [: 69: x: unexpected operator
>>>
>>> Parsing failed.  Reason: Missing argument for option: a
>>>

>>> I have tried to find a solution by looking at generate-load.sh code
>>> but I didn't figure out what the problem is.
>>> Please let me know if someone can help with this issue.
>>> Thanks in advance
>>> Regards,
>>> Lefteris
>>

>> Hi Lefteris,
>>
>> I assume you are referring to the 0.3 release.
>>
>> The scripts have been tested on:
>> - Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
>> - Mac OS X Leopard
>>
>>  From what I see, the errors come from an invalid parsing of the generate-load script.
It looks like the shell interpreter you are using is not the correct one.