incubator-s4-user mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cannot run speech01 example
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2011 10:40:08 GMT
On 12/6/11 8:16 PM, Lefteris Soulas wrote:
> Hello all,
> my name is Lefteris and I am a new user of S4.
> I try to run the examples speech01 and speech02 but with no luck.
> When I arrive at the point where I must pass the speeches.txt file
> as argument to generate-load.sh I get the following error
>
> $ head -10 $S4_IMAGE/s4-example-testinput/speeches.txt | \
>  > sh $S4_IMAGE/s4-tools-loadgenerator/scripts/generate-load.sh -r 2 -
> [: 27: ==: unexpected operator
> [: 57: x: unexpected operator
> [: 61: x2: unexpected operator
> [: 65: x: unexpected operator
> [: 69: x: unexpected operator
>
> Parsing failed.  Reason: Missing argument for option: a
>

> I have tried to find a solution by looking at generate-load.sh code
> but I didn't figure out what the problem is.
> Please let me know if someone can help with this issue.
> Thanks in advance
> Regards,
> Lefteris

Hi Lefteris,

I assume you are referring to the 0.3 release.

The scripts have been tested on:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
- Mac OS X Leopard

 From what I see, the errors come from an invalid parsing of the
generate-load script. It looks like the shell interpreter you are using
is not the correct one.

Which OS are you using? What shell are you using? (generate-load is a
bash script)

Regards,

Matthieu