incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Danilo Pinto da Silva <danilob...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Garbage Collector
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2014 23:34:16 GMT
Thank you for your prompt reply.

In general I am talking about Garbage Collection of PEs.
Removing PE objects based on the available system memory and the impact the
object may have on the overall performance of the system.
But I have some doubts, in terms of:

How are PEs located?
( All PEs stay in a cache managed by LoadingCache object or in another
place and only the most used are in the cache? )

How are PEs controled?
( Are they just defined in setPECache()? )

What relation about the simple garbage collection process (or others) and
the java garbage collection?

And again,
Does anybody tried to implement it?
Is it a relevant feature for S4?