incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From kishore g <g.kish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Dec 2013 ([ppmc])
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2013 17:16:59 GMT
Few people had shown some interest in contributing to the project. I think
S4 has good potential if it integrates with Yarn+Helix and one can use HDFS
for checkpointing.

One of the main problems with integrating with Helix is keeping the
backward compatibility( i.e ability to migrate existing applications). If
we are willing to compromise, it makes it much easier to get a release out
with these features. We can call it S4 v2.0.

Thoughts?

thanks,
Kishore G