incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <rmarroq...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Board report due on 9/4
Date Sat, 31 Aug 2013 18:23:51 GMT
Hi Flavio,

You are totally right. In matter of fact, I tried to contribute a while
back, but there are no issues or at least obvious ones that an outsider
like me could easily pick up. So let's start with some new JIRAS opened,
then we can start contributing to S4, which will led to new committers and
releases.
About the production case, yeah that is a difficult one for sure. Over in
Apache Gora our main use case is Apache Nutch as we provide a pluggable
architecture for NoSQL data stores, and of course we want to grow
separately from Nutch and have our own success cases. After a couple of
years working in the Gora Community we have started to get some traction, a
couple of talks on Industry, and Academia have helped us for sure. Now it
is used as an integration platform, benchmark platform as well, and we are
trying to get it to some other projects too. So maybe a possibility for S4
would be to get it integrated with other Apache projects (integration with
Apache Gora maybe? or some integration with web services?)
So if project committers could work on a list of some easy JIRA issues that
newcomers could do, then maybe we could start moving this forward. Of
course, making S4 successful will not be an easy task, nor a fast one, but
if we want to push it forward, I think there is a path we could follow (:

Renato M.